- What is a type, and why do you think types are useful in writing programs?
- Do you understand why the following operation produces the given result 115 * 4 - 4 + 88 / 2 = 500
- What is the use of a backslash character in a String?
- What does
typeof 4.5do, and why does
typeof (typeof 4.5)return "string" ?
- It is used to indicate that "the character after it has a special meaning" (string = "Go to\nnew line") or to cancel out quotes (string = "Test\'s shall be overdue").
- typeof 4.5 returns the type of 4.5, which would be Numbers. typeof (typeof 4.5) returns "string" because ultimately it is trying to determine the type of (typeof 4.5) which is indeed a string.
- I would think they would variables such as resolution and locale (language)
Exercises 2.1 - 2.6 from chapter 2
Exercises 3.1 - 3.2 from chapter 3